Oct 03, 2022  

General Studies-Computer Science Specialization AA&S

These programs are intended for transfer purposes. It is important that any student interested in transferring to a four-year college or university consult with his/her academic advisor.

Award: Associate of Arts and Sciences

Length: Four-Semester (Two-Year) Program

Purpose: The College and University Transfer program is designed for students who plan to complete a baccalaureate degree program at a four-year college or university, or who are not yet prepared to select a definite career objective.

Admission Requirements: The student must meet the entrance requirements established by the college. Students are urged to check the mathematics requirements of the four-year college or university to determine the proper mathematics course to be taken at the community college. In addition, they should contact the appropriate four-year institution to determine the transferability of elective courses.

Program Requirements: Specific courses required for the Associate of Arts and Sciences degree are intended to provide a balanced foundation in liberal education.

Note: Although a course fulfills a requirement for an NRCC program, it is possible the course will not fulfill a requirement at a four-year institution. Students who plan to transfer need to determine the four-year institution’s requirements prior to course selection. General transfer information is available at www.nr.edu/transfer/.

Four-Semester (Two Year) Program

Notes for Transfer to Radford University

Determine transfer institution’s requirements prior to selection of electives.

  • Students should take PHY 231  and PHY 232  if planning to transfer to Radford University’s Computer Science and Technology degree Computer Science concentration.
  • Students should take MTH 263  or MTH 261  if planning to transfer to any concentration in RU’s Computer Science and Technology degree or Information Science and Systems degree.
  • In addition, students should take MTH 264  or MTH 262  if planning to transfer to Radford University’s Computer Science and Technology degree Computer Science concentration or Networks concentration.

For more details on RU degree requirements see RU IT Advising Guides at http://www.radford.edu/content/csat/home/itec/programs/computer-science.html.